Monday, April 20, 2015

Rider bio- Matthew

“Life is like riding a bicycle. In order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.”   Albert Einstein

I will always remember that the last thing my late Gran Nan said to me was, “What do you have to prove?”, as I left to cycle Scandinavia before moving to West Africa. There is nothing that I am trying to prove. I feel so lucky to have been born at a time one can research, plan and explore. I also feel lucky to have been born in the UK and carry a passport and debit card that allows for discovery. There are only strings attached to life which we create in our minds. If we spend our lives worrying about the dangers, then we would never leave the confines of our home towns.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” –Mark Twain


No comments:

Post a Comment