Thursday, July 30, 2015

About time

Something that keeps popping up in my thoughts as we cycle most days is how arbitrary time is.

Most of our lives are spent on a 9 til 5 program, or by bells and breaktimes.

All summer we've had very little concept of what time it might be, or even what day of the week. There was very little need to care.

We woke when the sun rose, rested when it was too hot, and enjoyed what we pressumed were evenings. Sometimes we'd guess badly what time it was, or the day, and that just helped us to enjoy our new, although temporary life style even more.

In fact the only way I could tell how many days or weeks we'd been cycling for, was the number of times I needed to shave and the amount if toothpaste we got through.

I think it's time I did some laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment